Western Forms is a local mid-market, family-owned business established in 1955. E.B Ward invented the first fabricated aluminum form in 1962. Western Forms values are centered around Family, Teamwork, Open Communication, Innovation, Integrity, Respect and Passion for everything we do. We invite you to apply and become part of our winning team.
Western Forms is looking to add an Assistant Controller with a Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance. Preferably with 7 years or more of experience with distribution/manufacturing inventory, strong GL, monthly close, financial statements, reporting competencies, advanced in Excel and experience with integrated ERP system(s). Ideal candidate has great horizontal skills, is hands-on and enjoys working in a non-corporate environment. Prior roles as a Senior Accountant, Assistant Controller or Controller are a plus. Compensation ranges from $90-$110k with an annual profit-sharing bonus (past two years the average has been ~6% of salary). If you are looking for stability and growth in your career, we invite you to apply today!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
General Ledger | General Accounting
- Maintains the subledger for Construction in Process. Places assets in service and runs depreciation monthly for both Western Forms, and Western Forms de Mexico.
- Performs month-end close duties including preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, and accruals as stated in the month end schedule.
- Reconciles bank balance daily and prepares bank reconciliations at month end.
- Reconciles Prepaids and Accruals and makes needed entries at month end.
- Reconciles Engineering hours and applies to proper engineering jobs at month end.
- Enters Western Forms de Mexico and Western Forms International intercompany payable invoices, cash, and inventory entries.
- Perform Intercompany reconciliations each month end.
- Books monthly allocations.
- Calculate and books monthly income tax accrual.
- Prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize monthly financial and operational results.
- Complete Account Reconciliations.
- Distributes expenditures, encumbrances, receipts, and receivables according to schedules.
- Makes recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
Accounts Payables / Cash Flow
Presents Cash Flow weekly.
- Oversees the AP Function.
- Presents what Accounts Payable needs to be paid for the week.
- Executes the payment of vouchers by generating ACH, checks and wire payments.
- Coordinates the approval of positive pay for ACH and check payments.
- Provide internal reporting on cash outlays
- Determines proper handling of financial transactions.
- Files monthly Sales Tax Returns
- Reconciles Receipts Not Vouchered at month end.
- Reconciles Accounts Payable subledger at month end.
- Completes 1099’s at year end.
Inventory and Cost Accounting
- Reviews inventory transactions to ensure proper accounting, and controls are being followed.
- Reconciles subledgers for inventory at month end ensuring that all transactions have been completed and all negative on hands have been resolved.
- Co-Leads the Product Costing process within the Great Plains system with Materials/Procurement and IT.
- Oversees the inventory cycle counting process from an administration and fiscal standpoint coordinating with Materials/Procurement and Warehouse.
- Co-Leads the Physical Inventory process (“annual”) in conjunction with Materials/Procurement and Warehouse.
- Labor Hours Reporting by Week by Work Area. Direct vs. Indirect.
- Manufacturing Labor Efficiency Reporting: Daily, Weekly, and Monthly: Earned Hours, Actual Hours, and Overtime Hours.
Other Administrative Functions
- Maintains and update the weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual activity schedules for the Accounting & Finance department including assignments by role.
- Assists the Controller on the direction and supervision of the accountant roles.
- Assists, allocates, and monitors duties in Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables.
- Co-leads, guides, and executes the Monthly Close process with the Controller.
- Oversee and monitors the Sales Order Process (“Order-to-Cash cycle”) from a fiscal and controls standpoint.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance.
- 7+ years of experience in Distribution (Inventory) and/or in Manufacturing
- Previous role as a Senior Accountant or Assistant Controller role with General Ledger, Financial Reporting, and supervisory responsibilities.
- Great Plains or other ERP Systems
- Expertise and fluency in MS-Excel
Frequent fine body movements, including writing, keyboard, and mouse use; frequent verbal communication; occasional walking and standing; occasional bending and stooping; occasional reaching overhead; occasional lifting and carrying of 20 lbs.
Work is regularly performed in an office setting and routinely uses standard office equipment.
Western Forms is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).
For more information and to apply for this position please click the APPLY!!