Facilities Service Clerk
Facilities Service Clerk
About Seattle Pacific University:
Founded in 1891, Seattle Pacific University has a long and distinguished history in Christian higher education. Located just minutes from downtown Seattle, SPU seeks to be a premier Christian University fully committed to engaging the culture and changing the world by graduating people of competence and character, becoming people of wisdom, and modeling grace-filled community. Seattle Pacific University seeks applicants committed to its Christian mission.
As part of our mission of cultural engagement, SPU is committed to building an excellent and diverse staff and faculty. Diversity is an ethos that is inseparable from our Christian faith. At SPU, we recognize diversity as a basic feature of God's creation and a core theme of the gospel. At the heart of our mission-centered commitment to becoming a more diverse community is a desire to represent the breadth of God's kingdom more fully.
We strive to become a workplace of choice and to recruit, develop, and retain faculty and staff who can embrace, value, and engage differences with humility and care. We invite you to join us on our journey by starting a career at SPU! Learn more about SPU's commitment to diversity and opportunities for our employees to deepen their capacity to serve our increasingly diverse student body.
Seattle Pacific University provides reasonable accommodation to applicants. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the application or hiring process please contact the Human Resources Department at (206)281-2809, or email email@example.com. Notification must be given at least five (5) working days before the accommodation is needed.
General Summary: Assists in coordinating maintenance and facilities services activities in support of university programs. With Service Desk Coordinator and student employees, receives and assigns maintenance requests. Receives invoices for the maintenance and facilities services areas of the department, reviews, and prepares for payment. Processes monthly interdepartmental charges for maintenance area. Assists with records tracking and monthly budget reconciliation support. Coordinates contracted services such as window and carpet cleaning. Along with Service Desk Coordinator, supports the department's customer satisfaction and service commitment.
Job duties include
- With Service Desk Coordinator, Maintenance Manager, and Facilities Services Manager, coordinates departmental services in support of university programs. Receives and assigns service requests. Coordinates work with campus customers, Facilities managers, and Maintenance Foreman.
- Using maintenance management application, publishes monthly reports for Facilities management team.
- Responsible for ensuring completion and accuracy of monthly interdepartmental charges. Reconciles paid invoices being charged out against the appropriate work orders and accurately allocates to the campus cost centers.
- Receives invoices for maintenance and services areas of department operations (general invoicing, custodial contract payments, gas card payments, elevator contract payments, uniform contract payments, etc.). Reviews for accuracy and resolves discrepancies. Prepares payment documentation and submits to University Office of Financial Affairs.
- Coordinates bids and documents for annual maintenance and service contracts, including carpet cleaning, glass cleaning, carpet repair, fire extinguisher maintenance, elevator maintenance, pest control, glass repair, food service equipment, and generator maintenance.
- Coordinates annual and quarterly carpet and window cleaning across campus.
- During summer conference season, coordinates in-house and contracted custodial to clean and maintain units for summer guests. Requires interface with Service Desk Coordinator, Facilities Services Manager, and University Services.
- Provides records intake function for department. Receives documents, then logs and files in appropriate electronic and/or physical file locations.
- Orders nameplate signage for new university employees.
- Publishes on-call schedule for trades and updates weekly schedule to Security, Facilities staff and on-call personnel.
- All Facilities employees are designated as "essential staff" and are subject to working during times that the university closes due to inclement weather or an emergency.
- Bachelor's degree. Degree in Business, Accounting or related field, a plus.
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, flexible and willing to accept challenges.
- Good analytical and communication skills are essential.
- Employees in this position are considered "essential personnel," which requires them to report for duty during inclement weather and/or other emergencies that may result in University impairment, closure, or delayed start.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Preferred experience in in higher education or maintenance industries in a service dispatch, billing/invoicing, or records management role. Two years in a customer service or client-facing role.
- Any working knowledge of database software or computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) such as TMA, School Dude, or Maximo, a plus.
Position will remain open until filled.
Salary: $20.91 - $22.11 per hour, DOE
This is a full time position with excellent benefits. SPU pays the employee premium for medical, dental, and vision insurance. SPU makes generous contributions to an employee HSA account and to a retirement account with immediate vesting. Tuition discount program available for the employee and qualified immediate family members.
Please submit a cover letter and resume along with the online application.