Seeking a Full-Time Accounting Clerk at Savannah Lakes Village
Savannah Lakes Village is a picturesque 4000-acre lakefront community boasting with an abundance of amenities, located at the heart of the Freshwater Coast Region and Western South Carolina’s Sumter National Forest. With easy access to over 150 miles of land/water trails across the region, as well as 25 miles of shoreline along the pristine Lake Thurmond, Savannah Lakes Village community includes two 18-hole award winning championship golf courses nestled along Lake Thurmond and Sumter National Forest.
Here's What We are Looking For:
The Accounting Clerk will perform and help to maintain information in relation to membership billing accounts—working with accounts receivable and accounts payable team members.
Membership Billing Accounts
- Helps maintain membership accounts for SLVPOA:
- assists in recording and maintaining updates to membership including owner changes, address and phone changes, new construction, tenants, and SLV and FLC properties.
- Corresponds with membership:
- assists with the preparation of and sending welcome packets to new members
- assists with communications with members verbally or by written correspondence regarding their account status
- Assists with maintaining membership accounts receivable:
- record payments as needed
- research member accounts as required
- update auto draft options for assessments and member charges
- assists with mailing of monthly delinquent notices, suspension letters, making collections calls
- update member charge options and cancellations
- Helps Maintain accounts payable records on the POA accounting system:
- assists with maintaining current and accurate files on all vendors in system and payment files.
- assists with data entry by entering approved invoices into system for processing.
- assists with checks and mailing
- other duties as assigned
Facilities operations deposits/billing
- assists with validating facilities deposits by salesclerk to daily reports for each department
- other duties as assigned
- Delivers and picks up inter-office mail and facility deposits on a regular basis
- Assists with receptionist duties related to membership inquiries and redirecting calls and POA members and visitors
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to verbally and in writing communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Requires knowledge and experience in office and some accounting procedures with desire to learn more about accounting duties and grow with the team
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) Required
Experience: One or more years experience in related field or equivalent educational background
Computer Skills: Requires ability to utilize and understand computer systems, word processors and spreadsheets.
Certificates & Licenses: Requires valid drivers’ license with good driving history
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with competitive wages and benefits.
If you believe you would excel in this position, we encourage you to apply today!