RVOS Insurance is looking for a Staff Accountant. The Staff Accountant works directly with the financial group in the Accounting Department and reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares and completes monthly work papers, journal entries, and reconciliations (to include all accounts on the General Ledger) for internal financial statements.
- Prepare internal financial statement and provide to CFO for review.
- Prepare Annual and Quarterly statements to be filed with appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Prepare additional reports as required/needed by the regulatory agencies.
- Assist in preparation of timely and accurate financial reporting for annual audited financial statements.
- Assist with external audits and prepare related work papers.
- Perform bank duties as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned by CFO.
Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent field with 2+ years of experience. Experience with accounting principles and proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel and Word. Must have ability to work with a diverse group of people, both inside and outside of the organization. Must be organized, detail oriented, and possess mathematical skills along with excellent grammatical abilities. Must possess the ability to work within tight deadlines and self-prioritize to meet expected target times. Must have strong analytical skills along with great verbal and written communication skills. Have intellectual curiosity, take initiative and have a proactive nature.