Penguin Door Company is looking to hire a full-time Bookkeeper and administrative assistant to the General Manager. Primary responsibilities will include using various software tools, mainly Quickbooks and Excel; generate weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales and expense reports, timely, and present to upper management; manage purchase orders and make payments to vendors; assist in tracking inventory; maintain and manage accounts receivables; as well as assisting senior management with various projects; assist with the onboarding process, payroll is outsourced. We would be happy to teach and train a dependable and enthusiastic candidate with a background in bookkeeping in areas where they have no experience.
The position is full-time work in the office with a Monday to Friday schedule.
- Meticulous, organized, consistent, dependable, and honest
- Analytical and data-driven mindset; good with numbers and spreadsheets
- Obsessive focus on timelines
- Enthusiastic about learning new skills, optimistic and upbeat
- Comfortable working sometimes solo and interacting with other team members
- Possess problem solving skills
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass a background check
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Experience with Quickbooks
- Bookkeeping, finance, or accounting background
- Experience with Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) primarily Excel
- Experience using (and genuinely enjoy) project tracking
- Initiative-taker and comfortable working independently
- Excellent attention to detail with strong interpersonal skills
- Accustomed to working in a professional environment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least 2 years of bookkeeping and admin experienced required
PAY: $18 - $22 per hour or TBD by experience
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Multiple paid holidays
- Friendly atmosphere
- Uniform provided
If you feel you are a good fit for this position, please click APPLY NOW!
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veterans’ status, or disability status.