- Oversees, manages and implements the College’s general accounting functions including but not limited to accounts payable, capital and general ledger.
- Responsible for daily accounting operations.
- Prepares and/or reviews monthly, quarterly and year-end journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Maintains and manages the general ledger system.
- Ensures accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Prepares year-end audit account analyses as directed.
- Researches accounting issues for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Maintains and reconciles fixed asset accounting records including the recording and reporting of purchases, gifts and loans, transfers, sales, or other dispositions of fixed assets in a timely manner and in accordance with College and federal requirements. Tracks expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget and management authorizations. Reconciles the balance in the fixed asset module to the general ledger and researches discrepancies andresolves issues.
- Oversees and manages all accounts payable functions. Assists in resolution of escalated requisition, purchase order, invoice payment, check and/or ACH issues. Oversees the management and maintenance of the ObieBuy and Chrome River systems including reconciliation and reporting. Evaluates and analyzes existing policies and procedures ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, troubleshoots processing issues and implements best practice operations. Responds to internal and external inquires and researches discrepancies and resolves issues.
- Oversees and manages payroll reporting and reconciliation. Records and reconciles related liabilities, accruals and expenses. Reviews tax filings prior to submission ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements. Researches discrepancies and resolves issues.
- Oversees and manages the Controller’s Office webpage as part of the larger www.oberlin.edu website.
- Completes special projects and other duties as required, requested, delegated or assigned.
- Equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in accounting, finance, business or closely related field.
- Five years of increasingly responsible professional accounting or related experience including two years of administrative and supervisory experience with a not for profit or higher education institution.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and FASB requirements and an
understanding and working knowledge of fund accounting and internal controls.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, along with meticulous attention to detail and
- Strong leaderships skills and the ability to work independently.
- Organizational and time management skills as well as flexibility to move between day-to-day
tasks and project-oriented tasks, while maintaining attention to detail.
For full details, and to apply, use quick link: https://jobs.oberlin.edu/hr/postings/12764/
Within the range established for this position, salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and includes an excellent benefits package.