Loudoun Water has an immediate opening for an Accounting Manager in the Finance division. We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to oversee and manage the activities of the accounting department. The Manager will be responsible for performing accounting functions to include all financial reporting. Essential functions include:
- Managing the work of technical personnel engaged in Loudoun Water accounting operations.
- Coordinating and managing the annual financial audit.
- Preparing, analyzing and maintaining detailed and complex financial and cost accounting reports and statements.
- Preparing the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report following guidelines set forth by the Government Finance Officers Association.
- Ensuring proper internal controls are in place and maintained, and compliance of all accounting activities with applicable laws, regulations and policies to include implementing GASB pronouncements.
The ideal candidate will be a team player who is an exceptional communicator, with project management and organizational skills. We offer highly competitive salaries, a stable work environment and excellent employee benefits.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or related field and demonstrated experience, preferably in a public agency. An advanced degree in a related field or CPA certification may be substituted for part of the required experience.
Special Requirements: If selected for employment all new hires must be willing to get vaccinated or provide proof of vaccination for Covid-19 prior to their start date.
Salary DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE