First State is hiring for a Finance Director.
Plan, direct and coordinate the operations of the Finance Department of a multi-focus, mid-sized non-profit organization with a +$10MM annual operating budget. Responsible for maintaining in-depth knowledge of the agency’s fiscal position and providing that information to decision-makers at the highest level. Development and analysis of sound fiscal information drawn from various departments and developing creative solutions to resolve program/fiscal problems within the agency. Primary contacts are the Executive Director, Human Resource Director, and Departmental Directors.
1. Bachelor's Degree in a related field
2. Experience in fiscal oversight of government contracts (state and federal).
3. Practical experience utilizing GMS - Grants Management System - or other non-profit accounting software.
4. Experience in budget preparation, analysis, and administration including budget management, cash flow analysis, and revenue/expense projection.
5. Five (5) years of supervisory experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides counsel and direction to the Board of Directors, Executive Director, and top-level administrators concerning policies, procedures, and interpretations of the fiscal affairs of the agency.
2. Develops and recommends solutions to resolve program/fiscal problems.
3. Provides fiscal management information, reports, and briefings to the Board of Directors, Executive Director, and administrators, and funders.
4. Performs day-to-day program management and operations, including personnel administration and supervision.
5. Maintains an electronic inventory of agency property. Updates as needed.
6. Ensures staff are cross-trained in all areas of the finance department.
7. Provides technical and administrative support to agency personnel, including budgeting, accounting, appropriations, expenditures, and payroll.
8. Develops, maintains, and monitors various funding sources and issues to include - contingency funds, year-end revisions and spend outs, program forecasting (3/6/9-month adjustments based on program spending).
9. Supervises the preparation of annual audit, W-2 and 1099 reports, and prepare annual tax returns.
10. Responsible for timely payment of life insurance, medical insurance, and 403-b plan.
11. Provides monthly, quarterly and annual projections of expenditures for the agency
12. Directs the general accounting operations and supervises the daily accounting functions to include: accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, bank, data, and general ledger account reconciliation.
13. Responsible for developing and implementing financial policies and procedures.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
Please call (302) 856-7761 to apply