Collateral Review Officer
Now hiring for a Collateral Review Officer
Under limited supervision and in accordance with the established FHLBank policies and procedures as amended from time to time, implements various activities on behalf of the Credit function including but not limited to: (1) leading the collateral analysis of onsite and offsite collateral verifications of borrowing members or housing associates for the purpose of validating loan collateral holdings; (2) assisting in the collateral analysis of loan files delivered to FHLBank by borrowing members or housing associates; and (3) preparing related management reports. In addition, recommend changes to policies and practices based on review and interpretation of new laws, regulations, best practices and/or market conditions that may impact FHLBank’s credit and collateral practices.
What qualifications are needed?
- Bachelor’s degree in business/finance or related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Three to five years of similar or related experience with two to three year’s of loan underwriting experience.
- Lending or examination experience preferred.
- Broad knowledge of the banking and thrift industry.
- Thorough knowledge of lending markets (residential, commercial, and agricultural).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and proficient use of MS Office applications including Word, and Excel.
- Ability to work and travel independently.
FHLBank offers a hybrid operating model* and an attractive benefits package including health & dental insurance, 401(k) with company match, a short-term incentive plan, student loan repayment assistance, onsite fitness center with shower facilities and much more.
*Eligible positions may have the opportunity to work remotely up to two days per week.
FHLBank Topeka’s products and services help our member financial institutions support affordable housing and community development efforts across the Midwest. We have been headquartered in Topeka, Kansas, since 1932.
FHLBank is an equal-opportunity employer. We accept all people, celebrate diversity and promote an inclusive workplace.