EVBox is the leading global manufacturer of electric vehicle charging stations and charging management software. With over 170,000 charging points across more than 70 countries worldwide, we help electric drivers get access to charging infrastructure at any point in their journey.
Founded in 2010, we made our breakthrough when the market for electric vehicles (EVs) was still in its infancy. Our founders set their hearts and eyes on a clear concept: a fully modular charging station that facilitates easy installation, maintenance upgrades, and above all, uncompromising quality and durability.
Soon, we became the sole supplier of public charging infrastructure in cities such as Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Monaco. Meanwhile, we played an active role in promoting Smart Charging technologies and roaming of charging infrastructure with industry partners and public organizations.
In 2017, we were acquired by energy utility and global service provider ENGIE, who identified us as a disruptive, leading cleantech company making a difference in the fast-growing industry of electric mobility.
In 2018, we acquired the ultra-fast charging station manufacturer EVTronic, now EVBox Bordeaux, based in France, adding 1,000 previously installed fast charging stations to our European network.
Today, with many projects running across Europe, North America, South America, and Asia, we move forward by perfecting our original recipe with a next generation of hardware and software that are energy-efficient, future-proof, and easy to use.
The growth and success of EVBox are driven by the passion and dedication of everyone in the company.
EVBox has grown into an international team across multiple office and legal entities in Europe and the United States. Today, over 650 driven professionals coming from different walks of life are working for EVBox. As a fast-growing scale-up within the beating heart of the clean tech industry, with a mission to accelerate the transition towards a zero emissions future.
For our fast growing North America region we are looking for an ambitious and experienced Senior Accountant to strengthen the local Finance team.
About the role
Within the North America Finance team of EVBox, the Senior Accountant is responsible for the financial accounting and reporting, tax compliance, and cash management of EVBox’s operations in North America.
The role will be remote but with access to the warehouse in Libertyville Illinois, at the regional headquarters of EVBox.
This position reports to the VP Finance North America, and will be part of a small but expanding North America Finance team that works closely with business stakeholders in the region.
There will also be frequent interactions with the company’s headquarters in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, including with the corporate finance team.
The goal of this position is to support EVBox North America in its growth by building a scalable finance organization, that is compliant and that pro-actively supports the business.
Focus areas for this position will include the monitoring of SAP in North America for the production and warehousing functions and to set-up inventory and production accounting / reporting, and the related processes and procedures.
You'll be leaving your mark in this important field for a sustainable future.
- Full GL responsibility for the legal entities of EV Box North America.
- Monthly accounting close and reporting.
- Implement and maintain production and inventory accounting and reporting, and define and implement related processes and procedures.
- Sales tax, and support with federal / state income taxes.
- Cash management, including AP & AR, and cash flow projections.
- Support SAP accounting functions in North America.
- Assist with the annual budgeting process, and regular forecast updates.
- Support the annual audit.
- Partner with the business on finance matters.
What experience you’ll bring to the team:
- Degree in Finance / Accounting.
- At least 5 years of experience as an all-round accountant.
- Experience with production and inventory accounting.
- Ideally prior experience at an international company.
- Relevant knowledge of US GAAP.
- Experience with SAP.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Analytical, with super attention to detail.
- Organized and driven to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Work independently and cohesively with others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Additional benefits we bring to the table
- Competitive salary
- 401K match program
- 20 vacation days
- Holiday Swap (2 days)
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget
- Volunteer Day
We work together to power our sustainable future. Here’s what drives us:
- Our friendly, entrepreneurial, and collaborative work environment
- Working to help grow one of the key regions in Europe with your work
- Bringing new ideas that are always highly appreciated
- Interacting in an environment with colleagues from all over the world
- Working in a brand new office in Amsterdam West that meets all your needs (when not working from home)