ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
OF KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI
Summary: The individual in this position will be responsible for performing the accounting functions for the Economic Development Corporation (EDC) and its affiliate agencies
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Other duties may be assigned)
- General accounting functions, including maintaining general ledgers, preparing journal entries, performing account reconciliations and preparing financial statements
- Accounts payable functions, including obtaining proper authorizations, maintaining vendor information, ensuring timely payment of invoices and filing of, calendar year-end 1099’s
- Accounts receivable functions, including invoicing and ensuring accurate reporting of deposits
- Oversee grant accounting, ensuring appropriate accounting treatment for revenue recognition and expenditures and compliance with grant reporting requirements
- Monitor and manage cash flows and bank transactions
- Oversee payroll process with 3rd party on a weekly basis
- Working with executive management, coordinate the development of EDC’s annual budget and monitor expenditures against the budget
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements for EDC and its affiliates
- Assist in the preparation of financial information for EDC’s and its affiliates’ board; attend board meetings as required
- Assist in preparation of accounting schedules for annual financial audits
- Ensure compliance with existing internal controls; develop recommendations for and implement additional internal controls as needed
- Assist in the evaluation and implementation of new accounting system
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in accounting or finance preferred
- Minimum of two years’ experience in accounting field
- Knowledge and understanding of GAAP and Not-for-Profit accounting methods
- Strong knowledge of and ability to ensure adherence to internal controls
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with Great Plains Dynamics accounting software preferred
- Must be adaptable to changing needs and priorities of the organization
- Must conduct self with high level of integrity, initiative, accountability and ownership
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Detail oriented with good organization skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work on several projects at one time.
RESIDENCEY REQUIREMENT: Must reside within the city limits of Kansas City, Missouri or agree to relocate within 6 months of hire.
Must Attach Resume