Financial Operations Supervisor
- Overview & Purpose
Note: The salary range listed ($98,300 - $136,581 per year) reflects the target hiring range only and does not represent the full employee pay range for this position.
About Central Arizona Project
Central Arizona Project (CAP), a 336-mile system that brings Colorado River water to central and southern Arizona, delivers the state's single largest renewable water supply and serves 80% of the state's population.
We employ nearly 500 people who enjoy a team oriented and safety focused work culture. The close community of a small company is driven to help fulfill our extremely valuable mission. We offer highly competitive salaries and excellent benefits including membership in the Arizona State Retirement System, 401(k), medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage, 4-10 work schedule, part-time telecommute option available and significant investment in employee training and development. Employees are eligible for benefits on their first day of employment. CAP is truly a great place to work!
About the Position
As a Financial Operations Supervisor, you would supervise the Financial Operations Division in day-to-day and long-term, high-profile, operational functions, which include operating budget and forecast preparation, quarterly reporting and forecasting, financial planning and analysis, cash and investments, property management, bonds and debt service, federal debt payment analysis, and property tax analysis and reporting.
Some of the duties include:
- Supervise the Financial Operations Department, including selection, training, performance evaluation and discipline of professional staff. Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies and priorities for assigned functions; recommend and administer policies and procedures.
- Prepare and oversee financial forecasts and analyses and provide direct support to other CAP departments in development and execution of the District’s operating and capital equipment budgets; supervise the analyses and preparation of quarterly financial performance review, variance analysis and forecasting.
- Prepare and oversee financial forecasts and analyses in support of the annual external annual audit. This includes year-over-year variance explanations of financial statement line items to be utilized in preparation of the Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A). Also support analysis for the long-range financial plan, reserve analyses, rate design, cost of service analyses and other ad hoc analyses as required. Prepare required management reporting.
- Supervise the District cash and investments activities, including review of cash flow requirements to ensure sufficient cash is available to meet daily cash requirements, optimizing investments with the State Treasurer and supporting banking relationships.
About the Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, engineering, economics or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Seven (7) years or progressive experience performing functions related to the essential duties of this position.
- Four (4) years supervisory experience and/or team leadership.
- Detailed knowledge of financial forecasting and analysis, benefit / cost analysis, accounting methodology, and creation and use of financial models.
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets.
- Experience in presenting complex issues and findings and recommendations to senior management, Board of Directors, and customers in a logical and understandable manner.
A preference is given to candidates who have a certification and/or licensing in accounting, financial management, valuation, engineering, or other similar field; and an advanced college degree.
Click HERE to see the full position description.
If you are looking for a leadership role with the opportunity to make a difference in Arizona, all while enjoying a great work/life balance, APPLY ONLINE today! Your water, your future. EOE