With more than 50 years serving the local communities, BI-CAP, a community action agency, makes a difference to more than 5,000 individuals a year. Collaboration is one of our goals, and we work together – as staff, and with community partners – to serve those struggling economically in Beltrami and Cass Counties. If you have a heart to serve, and helping others in your community is important to you, please consider employment at BI-CAP.
Who You Are
- You have great analytical skills: you can evaluate data and information that affects the organization
- You have strong communication skills: you can explain and justify complex financial transactions
- You are detail oriented: you are precise and attentive when preparing and analyzing reports
- You have math skills and can understand complex financial documents
- You are organized and effective
A Day in the Life
- You will help develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures
- You will help directors and other staff monitor and develop budgets
- You will oversee and provide direction on assets
- You will review and approve daily deposit and journal adjustments
- You will coordinate grants and submit cash requests
- You will perform general ledger and month-end processes
- You will oversee payroll including payroll reports
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principals
- Knowledge of funding source requirements and OMB Circular
- Computer competency
- Demonstrated budget and analysis skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 4-year accounting degree and two or more years of experience; or equivalent.
- You must have a strong commitment to BI-CAP’s values of collaboration, innovation, compassion, diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Applicants must pass a DHS Background Study.
- $23.86/hour and up, depending on qualifications. Full-time, 40 hours/week.
Click Apply Today for all the details to be considered. Open until filled.
Bi-County Community Action Programs, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.