Business Operations Specialist
Business Operations Specialist
Close Date: 21-November-2023
Salary Range: $48,000 - $51,000 per year; DOE
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director or designated department administrator, assists with planning, organizing and coordinating the business operations functions in accordance with established goals, priorities, time limitations, funding limitations or other specifications. These functions include basic budgeting, accounting, payroll, staffing, academic services, and other functions designated by unit administrator. This position is intended to cover a broad range of responsibilities in the absence of a designated HR or financial specialist(s).
• Prepares budget proposals and recommendations and establishes budget control system for controlling expenditures; controls expenditures in accordance with budget allocations; recommends equipment and resources for function/program.
• Monitors a variety of account expenditures, maintains and reconciles detailed budgets for various accounts, advises and/or determines which expenditures are within the budget guidelines; informs management of irregularities and proceeds with corrective action.
• Processes travel reimbursements, purchase of supplies, services, and equipment with use of P Card and other purchasing documents in accordance with established procurement and financial policies.
• Responds to audit requests and gathers documentation for payroll, P-cards, and financial records.
• Performs payroll and P-card reconciliations. Oversees the Office Specialist-Accts Payable and Inventory/Storeroom staff members and their daily duties.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND three (3) years of related experience; OR, Seven (7) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
• Demonstrated knowledge of basic principles, practices and methods of accounting, budgeting, and inventory management Knowledge of basic project management.
• Experience in performing detailed and complex numerical computations and reports, including analysis and evaluation of budgets, planning and other management information systems.
• Experience in designing presentation materials.
• Experience in coordinating activities and establishing priorities.
• Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
• Evidence of effective communication skills.
• Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse (75%);
• Frequently required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work (25%).
• Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
• Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
• Calculator, telephone, computer (monitor, keyboard and mouse), printer, fax and copier.
• This position receives regular review of objectives.
The mission of the ASU Health Services is to provide high-quality health care that is accessible, affordable and compassionate in order to ensure the well-being and educational success of students at Arizona State University. Through our internal and external academic partners, the ASU Health Services faculty and staff are an integral part of the New American University. ASU Health Services is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network. ASU Health Services is fully accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care. ASU Health Services facilities are beautiful, modern, efficient, and utilize an electronic health record (Point & Click). ASU Health Services works with our other wellness departments to create a healthy campus model and our physicians and nurse practitioners play a key role working with student leaders.We are a coordinated group, practicing medicine with staff board certified physicians (with specialties in family medicine, internal medicine, emergency medicine, sports medicine, rheumatology, and adolescent medicine) and board-certified nurse practitioners. To learn more about Health Services, please visit our website at http://students.asu.edu/health.Arizona State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes valuable employee benefits to enhance the total compensation of its staff. This package includes:Tuition Reduction Program for staff members, their spouses, and dependents, available on day one.Low-cost health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits available on day one.Retirement program designed to promote long-term savings and provide income upon retirement.Paid time for volunteer and professional development.Wellness program for preventative health education and screenings.Disability and leave program for income protection.Employee assistance for free and confidential behavioral health services.For more benefits information, please visit: http://cfo.asu.edu/hr-benefitsenrollment.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
How to Apply
To view the full description and to apply, please click this link: https://apptrkr.com/4772153